to the O.S. Montbéliarde
The O.S. Montbéliarde is the Organization for the Selection of the Montbéliarde Breed. This association, which brings together all of the people involved with the breed on a national level, is run by a Board made up of 30 administrators, 29 of whom are breeders, along with 1 animal dealer, divided up into 3 colleges:
- 1st College: 10 breeders elected regionally by the association's 5 300 members.
- 2nd College: 10 breeders appointed by the Selection Units, Jura-Bétail, Umotest and Comtoise MLS, who are involved in making genetic progress.
- 3rd College: 10 breeders representing each of the Montbéliard breeding partners (Set-up Centres, Dairy Inspections, National Union of Montbéliarde Breeder Unions, Milk Field, Meat Field, Coopex, Groups of producers and breeders and a Montbéliard dealer).
It is chaired by René MOREL, elected from the 1st College, a breeder based in Clerval, in the Le Doubs region. The work of the O.S. Montbéliarde is defined exhaustively on the O.S. Montbéliarde/mission statement page and mainly covers the following areas:
- Defining the selection objectives,
- Promoting the breed,
- Issuing certificates and official documents,
- Inspecting the collection of breeding morphology, as well as offering advice on the Montbéliarde breed.
We carry out studies and we also monitor the Montbéliarde breed, so please do not hesitate to contact us. Please feel free to browse our site and send us your comments so that we can improve it still further...
Director, Philippe MAITRE