| The O.S Montbéliarde Missions
These are bodies promoting discussion between the partners involved in carrying out a particular action or in the genetic improvement of each breed, with a view to the following:
- Defining the characteristics of the breed and certifying whether or not an animal belongs to this breed.
- Defining guidelines for the breed and specifying its selection aims
- Defining the genetic improvement program (creation and dissemination of genetic progress) and developments.
- Contributing, as far as they are involved, in the drawing up of common rules appearing in the books of specifications and protocols for the genetic information system. Drawing up the rules, which have not actually been defined for all breeds as a whole, for managing and using. the specific information available about the breed. Taking responsibility for the keeping, within the framework of the previous rules, of the breed file made up of the breed subset of the national file, plus information specific to the breed.
- Drawing up the breeder's qualification grid and taking responsibility for implementing it.
- Promoting its selection program and all of its genetic material (breeders, semen, embryos).
- Taking responsibility for the keeping of the breed's genealogy book and issuing official documents certifying the information relating to each breeder whilst following the rules laid down which are common to the various breeds.
In addition to this, the O.S. Montbéliarde, given a mandate by its members and in accordance with national protocols, can carry out a certain number of tasks such as the following:
- Collecting data, in particular the morphology, in accordance with the work of bodies collecting zoo technical information.
- The running of an assessment 'station.
- The running, after approval, of a testing and selection program.